Friday, June 13, 2008

WINDMILL BAND!

Well folks,

I got a lot of new albums before I left for tour and I got a lot while on tour and I'd like to make a post about every single one. So when an amazing video fell in my lap this morning I decided now was as good of a time as any to start. Check this out:




The Charles Potts Magic Windmill Band is a supergroup made up of all my Business Deal Records brothers down in Austin. Self described as "New York City Style Experimental Country," my best description would be to to say if you took the Silver Jews, cloned Dave Berman five times and made him and his clones sing their most tongue in cheek songs in unison. Their new album The Golden Calves is a real treats. One of the best things Business Deal has put out I think. While its a bit more produced than their actual live show it still does a pretty great job capturing some of the best songs the band has written. I Love Issued By State. I don't have any mp3 links but here is there myspace and here is an interview with Austin Sound.

in fishboy news:

HOUSTON, DALLAS, AUSTIN shows with the UNLIMITED ENTHUSIASM TOUR! (july 8,9,10)
ONE SHOW TOUR in Seattle July 12 with BOAT and Tullycraft!! wooo woo!
PCC, MATHLETES, FISHBOY DENTON SHOW JULY 25 in DENTRON at J and Js!
We're playing ATHENS POPFEST!!!!!!!

I'm going to update the site soon and send out all this info to more folks but...faithful (coughyettercough) blog readers get the news first!

have a great summer!

fishboy

3 comments:

Chris said...

:)

Chris said...

And by "get the news first" do you mean get it before it's blogged about?

................................. said...

the windmill band fucking rules!
patrixxzoxo